Monday, March 5, 2012

Why I Believe the World Will End in 2012 or Thereabouts...Part I

Yep.  You got that right.  I do, in fact, believe that most likely, the world as we know it, will end, quite dramatically this year.  Probably December, but it could be before that, or a dash after.  And, yes, I am aware that this belief has a lot conspiracy cache attached, and is generally regarded by the science that most of us are exposed to, as bullshit.  The ancient Mayans tend to get all the credit for this, and to some extent, they deserve it, but such a simplistic analysis is a disservice to their wisdom.  First, debunkers will simply say two things:  a) why would stupid  ancient people know more than us wise modern people, or b) okay, their calendar ends, but it’s cyclical, it starts back up again—so no worries.  It’s not that easy, sorry.

I will admit, that part of the reason I believe something, that most of you believe to be pure, undiluted bunk, is due to the life that I have led, and the weird people I hang out with on the internet.  I know a world renowned astrophysicist who likes to post on internet forums as the Anonymous Astrophysicist, who is in the Tesla, Kealey, Liedskelin camp of energy physics, not the standard camp.  I get emails from a guy known as The Magus of the End Times, who believes me to be the physical incarnation of the Thelemic Goddess Babalon, but that’s a story for another time.  Clearly, the company I keep is suspect.

So, firstly, I will defend the poor Mayans, who are getting most of the credit for this prediction.  The Mayan’s astronomical knowledge rivals our own knowledge at the present day.  Their calendar has predicted every eclipse with amazing exactness, including those of this year.  They studied the skies, but probably derived their knowledge from the older Olmec civilization.  They make the claim that on December 21, 2012 at 11:11am we will cross the galactic plane.  Since, we have no idea (according to modern science) exactly where we are in regard.  Some experts say that we could be as far away as 30 million light years from the plane, yet in the eighties, NASA claimed that Neptune and Uranus crossed the plane in 1984 and 1988 respectively. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LVl4cDkQSgcJ:www.boulder.swri.edu/~buie/biblio/pub008.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us :
Neptune crossed the galactic plane at a .~_ l8“01“‘ in 1984,
while Uranus follows at a=17“57‘“ in 1988. The densest
visible star fields, however, lie to the south of the plane at
l8h10’“$a$18“33‘“, in regions traversed by Neptune in
1986-1987 and Uranus in 1989-1990
(from above link—The Astronimical Journal 1988 -)

Further, let’s face it, the real reason we don’t believe the Mayans is because they lived a long time ago, and therefore, they must be dumber than us.  It’s a logical fallacy, but one that underscores our entire history of science.
And, it’s more than just the Mayans.  A quick study of the eschatology of almost all ancient religions reveals stories of extreme calamities coming some time in the future.  More directly the following cultures have myths relating to a 2012 global catastrophe:
Hopi Prophecy - Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by the End of Fourth World & beginning of the Fifth.

Mayan Prophecy - Call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it.

Maori Prophecy - Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.

Zulu Prophecy - Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.

Hindu Prophecy - Kali Yuga (end time of man) The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.

Inca Prophecy - Call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'.

Aztec Prophecy - Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.

Dogon Prophecy - Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star.

Pueblo Prophecy - Acknowledge it'll be the emergence into the Fifth World.

Cherokee Prophecy - Their ancient calendar ends exactly at 2012 as does the Mayan calendar.

Tibetan Prophecy - Kalachakra teachings are prophesies left by Buddha predicting Coming of the Golden Age.

Egypt Prophecy - According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar) present time cycle ends in year 2012 A.D.

There is also the matter of the ancient Chinese I-Ching and the earliest calendar, as pointed out by Terence McKenna in his The Invisible Landscape.

But, since you probably believe this to all be ancient nonsense, I’ll jump over to accepted science for a bit.
In 1984 Nasa released a paper in Nature:


“Terrestrial Mass Extinctions, Cometary Impacts, and the Sun’s Motion Perpendicular to the Galactic Plane” dealing with the correlation between solar oscillations around the galactic plane and mass extinctions here on Earth.
The paper was written before NASA was aware just what they had stumpled upon.  More recently, NASA is working against dissemintation of relevant information.

TO BE CONTINUED>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment