Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Best Winter Solstice Present Ever

This is going to be sappy.  Last night it was going to be a eulogy.

In 1997 we rescued a kitten from the Animal Shelter.  He was born on or about the Fall Equinox so we named the little guy Nox.  My first real pet.  He became a part of the family quickly.  He has become one of my best friends and near constant companion.

Yesterday morning the little bastard darted out the door when I wasn't paying enough attention (he's a indoor cat) at 5 am in the 20 deg F dark cold.  We looked and looked for him.  Drove around the nieghborhood calling his name.  yeah.

By sunset we gave up.  I figured he went somewhere to die.  We cried.  He was our baby.  We missed him terribly. He always curls up next to us in the bed, so sleeping wasn't easy last night.

Then the little bastard showed up at the door this morning.  Joy.  He was cold and hungry, but he was fine.

I'm glad I didn't have to write a eulogy.

Happy Winter Solstice!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic ending to what I thought would be a tear-jerker of a blog post. So glad Nox is back with you!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete