I miss you. Here's what happened.
I was having an argument with a poster on a topic in the P&CE Forum at AW. The poster claimed authority on the topic with no evidential support. I called Appeal to Authority Fallacy. That poster called me "shamelessly ignorant" and claimed I slander him/her and his/her entire profession. Well, I may be shamelessly ignorant about a lot of things, but...I thought I knew the rules of the forum, Respect Your Fellow Writer, so I notified a mod that I had been "disrespected" by the other poster. The mods came in, said it wasn't an Appeal to Authority Fallacy, despite the poster having provided no credentials whatsoever to support the claim of authority. Apparently, calling me shamelessly ignorant was no problem. That pissed me off. I called the poster an asshole and savagely accused the mods of being statists that were becoming a problem. That was uncalled for. I admit that, and I apologize. However, I was banned from AW for a week. At the end of the week, I discovered that an additional punishment had been meted out to me...I was to be permantly banned from P&CE.
To told the forum owner, the wonderful MacAllister Stone, that I would not post on AW unless I was free to post in P&CE also. She was still mad at being called a statist and said that I had to do whatever I had to do.
So, that's why I'm not posting so much on P&CE. I'm hoping Mac will change her mind. She may not. That's up to her.
So, that's my side of it. I'm no hero or martyr in my version, but I don't think I'm the villain either.
I'm thinking about you guys and I miss you. Hopefully I'll see you soon. Put in a good word for me...
No comments:
Post a Comment